Our promise is to deliver personalized coaching, effective and detailed curriculum and hands-on training that will leave you empowered as a teacher, leader and human being. If you do the work, you will experience breakthroughs in your teaching and in your life.
The 300 hour Teacher Training will go deep into the process of teaching and leading as your natural self-expression. You will experience your natural self-expression as Leader in the classroom and in the world. You will be inspired to boldly step into action as Leader and Teacher and as a result of your own transformation, impact others’ lives. Through rigorous work, your life will be sharpened, your way of being will change, and you will learn how powerful you are. You will graduate from the Big Fish Power Yoga 300 Hour Teacher Training and be eligible for your RYT-500 through Yoga Alliance.
Our 300 hour training is a combined collaboration between the neighboring studio communities of Big Fish Power Yoga in Jacksonville, FL, and Charleston Power Yoga in Charleston, SC. We can’t wait to expand community, uplevel two teaching teams and grow a deep community among our cities. With your 200 hour training complete, this 300 hour training is most effective and of greatest impact when recognizing that your success only comes from something much bigger. WE.
Big Fish Power Yoga is a 200 and 300 Hour RYS (Registered Yoga School) with Yoga Alliance.
• 100% attendance for all sessions*
• Independent study and reading
• Approximately four hours of in-studio yoga practice per week
• A commitment to personal growth and development
• A desire to inspire and empower yourself and others
*Attendance is mandatory for every session. If approved, any missed hours will need to be made up with an approved facilitator at $75/hour.
- The Methodology of Power Yoga (inspired directly from Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga and the Journey Into Power sequence, created by Baron Baptiste)
Lead inspired, connected and transformative yoga classes every time.
- Gain techniques for effective in-class workshops and partnering.
- Expand your skills in designing and facilitating workshops and retreats.
- Open to new levels of personal power through applied practice.
- Expand your knowledge of meditation and its impacts.
- Learn to coach others and receive coaching effectively.
- Apply your learning through action in a personal project.
- Expand your impact.
* While this training focuses on the Baptiste Methodology, it is not a Baptiste Institute Program (e.g. Level I, Level II, Art of Assisting).
Dates and Times:
300 Hour Teacher Training Weekend Overview
Weekends 1, 5, and 8
Friday 5pm – 9pm
Saturday 8am -6pm
Sunday 8am – 5:30pm
Weekends 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7
Thursday 5pm – 9pm
Friday 8am – 6pm
Saturday 8am – 6pm
Sunday 8am – 5:30pm
Weekend 1 – BEACH
September 27, 28, 29
Kick off and Inside the Methodology and Asana
Weekend 2 – CHARLESTON
November 7, 8, 9, 10
Continued, Inside the Methodology and Asana
Weekend 3 – BEACH (CHS joins us!)
December 12, 13, 14, 15 with Michael Schweppe
Alignment, Anatomy, and Athletes
Weekend 4 – BEACH
January 9, 10, 11, 12, 2020
Special Populations, Outreach, Practice Teach and Program Assignments
Weekend 5 – BEACH
February 28, 29, March 1
Leadership and Listening
Weekend 6 – CHARLESTON
March 5, 6, 7, 8
The Business of the Business we love
Weekend 7 – BEACH
APRIL 23, 24, 25, 26
Upleveled Sequencing and variations, Posture Analysis, Program Assignments Review
Weekend 8 – BEACH (CHS joins us!)
May 15, 16, 17
Completion and Celebration
*All times subject to minor changes.
A 30-class 300 hour RYT Training pass for Big Fish Power Yoga / Charleston Power Yoga to use between the start and end dates of the program.
10% discount off all boutique items (apparel, mats, gear) throughout the training.
All necessary reading manuals.
Lead Training Facilitators:
Mary Lyn Jenkins, E-RYT 500 hour
Beth Plante, E-RYT 500 hour
100% attendance and participation
Commitment to personal growth
Willingness to be a student and be coachable
Desire to inspire and empower others
$4500 paid in full
$4800 Payment Plan – 3 installments of $1600 with final payment due by weekend six